Gerardo Orozco runs the Akumal Dive Center, which his family has owned for many years. He has seen the development in the Riviera Maya grow from a slow beach town, to a major tourist destination. He is using his business to educate visitors about the sensitivity of the local environment, and working with international and local universities to make a plan to preserve the area’s natural beauty for future generations.
Thank you to Buy Playa for sponsoring this episode. They sell only titled properties and are experts in their field!
Gerardo’s Secret Places:
- Oaxaca – The food and the culture are very different from the Riviera Maya.
- Merida – The people are amazing.
- Chiapas – Discover something new in the jungle.
- Puntarena – South of Punta Allen, it’s like Akumal 25 years ago.
- El Julio – A quaint fishing village and a sought-after kite surfing spot.
- Rio Lagartos – Los Coloradas is a peach-colored, salt lagoon.
Use these Resources to Continue Your Journey:
Don’t Miss Out on Other Great Podcasts from Mexico, Subscribe Now!